We are working to achieve our waste management goals throughout our business, from our large-scale operations, to small staff initiatives.
In New Zealand ...
- We are a member of the Soft Plastics recycling scheme, which provides a collection service for soft plastic packaging materials participating supermarkets on the North Island. Approximately 187 tonnes per year of plastic destined for landfill can now be recycled.
- The Auckland factory identified it could reduce waste to landfill by removing the blue print on Weet Bix liner bags making them suitable for Soft Plastics recycling.
- We’re reducing food waste by providing wheat flake fines to farms for animal feed.
- Our staff canteen has phased out single use plastic.
- We’re progressively replacing lighting in our distribution centre with LED lighting. This is yielding improvements in our energy efficiency while also improving lighting.