At Sanitarium our mission is to share with our community a message of health and hope for a better life. Our commitment to our mission along with the concerning rates of childhood obesity and physical inactivity in New Zealand is why we are backing the New Zealand Ministry of Health’s Healthy Kids Industry Pledge.
We take seriously the issues related to our role in the food industry and the health of children in New Zealand. Our vision to inspire and resource our community to experience happy, healthy lives has led us to create our own additional pledges. We’re committed to make our contribution through Sanitarium’s Healthy Kiwi Kids Pledges:
- Giving Kiwi kids a nutritious breakfast through providing free Weet-Bix for school children as part of the KickStart breakfast program
- Providing free nutrition advice to the community through our Sanitarium Nutrition Service
- Promoting healthier active lifestyles for children through the Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon
- Complying with the Advertising Standards Authority Children and Young People’s Advertising Code in New Zealand
- Supporting the government’s Health Star Rating system by displaying it on our products and website